Attention: You are using an outdated browser. This may lead to an incorrect display and you may not be able to use some functions. Please perform a browser update.
Enable cookies Please enable cookies in your browser to display eBike Connect correctly.
How long will the battery installed in the on-board computer hold its charge if I remove the on-board computer from my eBike?
Where can I see what remaining eBike battery power I have?
Is the app compatible with the operating system of my smartphone?
In which countries is the eBike Connect app available?
How are software updates implemented on the eBike Connect app?
How do I recharge my on-board computer?
- If the on-board computer is in the holder, there is a sufficiently charged eBike battery pack in the eBike and the eBike system switches on, the Nyon battery will be powered with energy from the eBike battery pack. If Nyon is taken out of the holder, the energy supply takes place via the Nyon battery. To charge the Nyon battery, place the on-board computer back into the holder.
- The on-board computer can also be recharged via the USB socket. To do this, open the protective cap. Use a micro-USB cable to connect the USB port of the on-board computer with a standard USB charger (not in standard scope of supply) or the USB connection of a computer (5 V charging voltage, max. 500 mA charging current).
Can I charge my smartphone on the eBike?
To recharge a phone, proceed as follows:
- Open the protective cap of the USB socket on the Nyon.
- Connect the USB socket of the external device with the USB socket on the Nyon by means of a standard-compliant Micro A or Micro B USB 2.0 cable. Use of any non-standard-compliant USB cable or a cable/adapter combination can cause damage to the on-board computer.
- Once recharging has been completed, reseal the USB socket with the protective cap.
Caution: Electrical loads connected to the on-board computer can impair the eBike's battery service life.
What should I do and pay attention to if my on-board computer is not to be used for an extensive period of time?
What should I watch out for in case of intense sun exposure?
Extreme temperatures can damage all of the system's components, in particular the eBike battery.
What level-of-protection does the on-board computer meet?
What should I watch out for at extreme temperatures?
It is recommendable as a general rule to observe the operating and storage temperatures of all eBike components. This information can be found in the operating manual of the individual components.
How do I need to watch out for during transport?
Can I use my Bosch eBike on-board computer on some other eBike as well?
Please note that the first and second eBikes may differ e.g. in terms of drive unit (Performance Line/Active Line), maximum speed (Cruise/Speed) and wheel size circumference. Depending on how similar the second eBike is to the first one, certain settings are taken over (e.g. purchased premium functions), while others won't be (e.g. user-defined screens and certain or custom riding modes).
What riding modes are available to me?
- "OFF": No support, all of the important information continues to be delivered;
- "ECO": Effective assistance with maximum efficiency, for maximum operating range;
- "TOUR": Uniform assistance, for trips with a large operating range;
- "SPORT": Powerful assistance, for sporty riding on hilly routes as well as city traffic;
- "TURBO": Maximum assistance up to high cadences, for sporty riding.
*eMTB Mode, which has been specially conceived for the Performance Line CX, dynamically switches between Tour and Turbo riding modes, offering progressive motor support for maximum performance on the trail.
How can I change the support level?
How can I see what support level is currently set?
What are "Custom Riding Modes"?
Each of the four riding modes can be defined via five control points in the ratio "% support from the motor" at "km/h speed". Switching from the standard modes to custom riding modes takes place via the sub-menu in the "Ride" operating mode. Previously blue elements are then coloured yellow. While riding, the conversion takes place between the custom riding modes as usual with the buttons "plus" and "minus" on the operating unit on the handlebar. In order to return to the default riding modes, select the sub-feature "Standard modes".
How can I find out if a software update is available for my Nyon?
You can search for updates on Nyon by going to "Settings > Connections > Switch on Wi-Fi" in the menu and connecting Nyon to a Wi-Fi network. Then go to "Search for updates" in the "My Nyon" menu and Nyon will search for available software updates. If an update is available, a notification will be displayed. Connect Nyon using a USB cable and follow the instructions.
How do I switch the start or push aid on and off again?
Walk assistance deactivates when any one of the following actions is implemented or occurs:
- You let go of the "WALK" button (up to model year 2016).
- You let go of the "+" button (model year 2017 and newer).
- The eBikes wheels are blocked (e.g. by braking or bumping up against an obstacle).
- The maximum speed for the walk-assistance function is exceeded.
- The crank is blocked.
Caution: Please use the "Walk" function only for its intended purpose. A risk of injury may arise if the wheels have no contact with the ground (e.g. mounted on a stand) when the function is activated.
How do I turn my eBike system on?
- Put Nyon in the holder. The eBike system will automatically turn on.
- With the device inserted with a battery, press the Nyon On/Off button once shortly.
- With Nyon inserted, press the On/Off button of the eBike battery pack (see operating instructions of the eBike battery pack).
How do you set the service interval?
What settings can I enter under "My eBike"?
What is eShift?
With what gearing systems does eShift work?
Can eShift be retrofitted to existing systems?
How can I log in?
In the eBike Connect app, select Login. Once you have entered your e-mail address and password and tapped the Login button, your app is ready to go.
It's not possible to log into the eBike Connect app with Facebook. Please log-in at www.ebike-connect.com and assign yourself a password under "Settings > Profile > Password". Facebook can still be used for login via the online portal.
In the eBike Connect online portal: Click on the blue highlighted "Login" button at the top edge of the screen of the online portal (www.ebike-connect.com/en) and enter your e-mail address and password there. Alternatively, you can also log in using the login details of your existing Facebook customer account.
How can I register?
If the device is brand-new, you first select what language you wish to use. In the subsequent steps, there are multiple options to choose from:
The option "Offline" doesn't offer any online functions and is suited e.g. for riders who prefer not to use a smartphone and/or on-board computer.
The option "Online > WLAN" performs the complete registration process via a WLAN and the online portal (www.ebike-connect.com).
The option "Online > Smartphone" enables full registration by way of your Android or Apple smartphone.
Decide which option you wish to use and follow the instructions on Nyon, the eBike Connect app.If you select the option via WLAN and have completed your registration, you can add your Nyon to your account under the heading eBikeSystem/Device. You can subsequently enter a PIN on your Nyon.
There are two possible ways of registering on eBike Connect:
Download the eBike Connect app from the Google Play Store or App Store. Open the app and follow the steps outlined under Register.
Go first to the website https://www.ebike-connect.com, open the Register tab and follow the steps outlined there.
Getting started – how do I start Nyon?
- "TEST RIDE": You can perform a test ride without having to register or enter data in advance. After it is switched off, all of the driving data will be deleted
- "OFFLINE": Your eBiking and user data are only stored locally on your on-board computer. The data entered there remain saved after turning off the on-board computer, but aren't synchronised with an eBike Connect account.
- "ONLINE > SMARTPHONE": Insert Nyon into the display holder, download the smartphone app eBike Connect onto your smartphone, install the app on your smartphone, and complete the registration process. Connect your Nyon by way of My eBike / Add device. Once the connection has been established, the trip data will be synchronised with your eBike Connect account.
- "ONLINE > WLAN": Connect to a WLAN of your choice. You'll then be referred to the online portal eBike Connect. There you can complete your registration process. Once you're registered, the trip data will be synchronised with eBike Connect.
How can I change my profile settings?
You can adjust your profile at any time under "Settings > My profile".
You can adjust your profile at any time under "Settings > My profile".
How do I delete my data?
Selected data can be deleted via the Profile.
Individual activities can be deleted in the Activities.
See also our data protection (privacy) guidelines for more in-depth information. https://www.ebike-connect.com/en/privacy_full.html
Can I log onto another Nyon?
You can also use the eBike Connect app to log-in to some other on-board computer. To do so, go the tab "My eBike". There you can manage and add devices. You can then select what Bosch eBike on-board computer you wish to connect to. If that on-board computer is registered by some other user account, all data that have not yet been synchronised are deleted.
You can also use your account to connect directly to the "other" Nyon. In Nyon, select "Settings" > Connections > Connect smartphone and follow the instructions.
How can I protect my personal data?
Please note that you cannot display any activities on the map when Geolocation/GPS are not activated.
When can I see my eBike trip in the activities?
- Remove your Nyon from your eBike at the end of your ride.
- However, please leave the existing Bluetooth connection to your smartphone running or ensure that Nyon is connected to a WLAN.
- Wait until Nyon has automatically shut down.
Important: If your eBike ride is subsequently not yet visible in the app or online portal, please repeat Steps 2 and 3.
Note: The most recent synchronisation is displayed on eBike Connect in the activities list and under "My eBike".
What can be found on eBike Connect under "Activities"?
You'll find the same information at the online portal under the tab "Activities".
What does the function "Share with Strava" on eBike Connect mean?
How can I access the settings on my on-board computer?
How do I reset the meter?
What map material is saved on my Nyon?
- Select the menu item "Map & Navigation".
- Select "Map Management".
- Select the desired maps and follow the instructions on your Nyon.
How does the streaming of maps between my smartphone and Nyon work?
Nyon maintains only those maps in its data buffer that it needs for the momentary navigation, automatically loading new map sections as it needs them for navigation.
Please note the following in this regard: When Nyon accesses the Internet through your smartphone, you may incur roaming charges if you are abroad.
Where does the map material come from?
How can I import completed GPX routes into the eBike Connect online portal?
How is my GPX route transferred to Nyon?
Please note that this requires an active Internet connection. If Nyon is connected to your smartphone via Bluetooth, the routes available on your smartphone will be transferred automatically.
How do I record my eBike rides?
The route you have travelled is marked as a dotted line on the map.
Can I change the map display on Nyon?
How can I zoom in on the map on Nyon?
How do I enter a destination?
- Move the joystick to the left and select "Map & Navigation" in the main menu.
- Move the joystick to the right to enter the sub-menu and select the sub-function "Navigate".
- Select "Enter Destination" and enter the desired destination.
- You will then be offered three route options to select from. Select a route and start the route guidance.
- Your Nyon must be connected with your smartphone through Bluetooth.
- In the main menu, select the "Map" section.
- To calculate a route, either enter the destination address there manually or press your finger for one second or longer on the desired location on the map.
- You will then be offered three route options to select from. Select a route and transfer that route to your Nyon.
- The route you've transferred will appear as a pop-up on Nyon.
- In the main menu, select the item "Route Planning".
- To calculate a route, please either enter the start and destination addresses there manually or click on a location on the map.
- You will then be offered three route options to select from. Select a route and save it.
- The stored route can then be transmitted to your Nyon.
- The route you've transferred will appear as a pop-up on Nyon.
How can I save locations?
Saving locations takes place as follows: Please go in the online portal to "Map > Plan route" and add one or both addresses under A and B. The "Save" button will appear below the input fields. Please click on the button and in the next step select the location(s) that is/are to be saved. The saved location will immediately be displayed under "Saved Locations".
How can I add stopovers during the route planning?
Go to "Add waypoints" to add a stopover.
If you wish to add a subsequent destination, you can do so by right-clicking the location on the map.
What are the offered routes of "MTB", "Scenic" and "Fast" based on?
How can I start completed GPX routes with my Nyon?
If your track is not routable, Nyon will neither give you navigation instructions, nor calculate the distance or time. The track is displayed on the map in the on-board computer.
If your track is routable, Nyon will guide you along your way with turn-by-turn instructions.
How does Nyon guide me along the stopovers I've entered?
Why does Nyon not navigate me to my selected stopover?
What is the altitude measurement based on?
What does the "Bring me home" and "Get me to work" sub-function mean?
Using the sub-functions "Bring me home" and "Get me to work", a single click let's you select the address you've stored in the app and/or portal as the destination address, and thereby start the navigation.
You can change your saved addresses via the online portal. Go to "Route Planning" and select "Saved Locations". There, you can enter the address of your home and workplace.
Are there interesting preset locations?
On Nyon, you can search for points of interest within a certain radius or vicinity. You just go to Map, select the right-hand menu, then go to Navigate and Points of Interest. There you will find categories of places that may be of interest to you. By clicking on any given category, specific suggestions are proposed. And by clicking on any one of these suggestions, you can choose between three different route options for getting there. Clicking on any one of these route options starts the navigation.
You can also find points of interest via eBike Connect. Once you have entered a starting point or destination address via "Route Planning", you can find nearby points of interest by pressing the "POI" button.
Can I access old destinations?
You can find your most recent destinations under "Map> Enter Address".
You can see what your most recent destinations were under "Route Planning". To do so, go to the arrow situated below Stop.
Use the sub-function "Recent destinations" to access a list of the recent destinations to which Nyon has navigated you. Use the joystick to select any destination from the list and re-activate the navigation from your current location.
What heart rate monitors are compatible with Nyon?
How can I connect external devices such as a heart rate monitor?
Why can't I connect my external device to my on-board computer?
Ensure that both your bicycle computer and the external device are adequately charged.
What fitness values does Nyon show me?
What is the training effect?
In this way, a possible overstraining of the rider can be warned about as a function of his or her fitness level. For example, an untrained eBike rider can be shown a possible overstraining already after 30 minutes, while a well-trained rider with the same workload would not be shown this at all or maybe after two hours under a very heavy workload.
Wearing the heart rate monitor increases the accuracy of training effect tracking. Its calculation is then based on the heart rate and duration of an eBike trip.
Where can I enter Fitness settings on the eBike Connect app?
You can adjust your eBike description under "My eBike". You can also add and remove devices there.
How can I connect my smartphone to my Bosch eBike on-board computer?
If you wish to connect your smartphone with a brand-new Nyon, please follow the steps below:
- Switch Nyon on.
- Select what language you wish to use.
- Select "Register > Online > Smartphone.
- Ensure that Bluetooth is activated on your smartphone.
- Now, start the eBike Connect app on your smartphone and go to "My eBike > Add device".
- Select Nyon and then choose the desired Nyon from the list of devices to connect it to your smartphone.
If you wish to connect your Nyon to a new smartphone, please follow the steps below:
- Switch Nyon on.
- Select "Settings > Connections > Connect smartphone“. Then follow the instructions on your Nyon.
- Ensure that Bluetooth is activated on your smartphone.
- Now, start the eBike Connect app on your smartphone and go to "My eBike > Add new eBike device".
If your Nyon and your smartphone have already been connected before, please follow the steps below:
Ensure first in the settings on your smartphone that Bluetooth is activated. Provided that you have already fully completed the registration process via either the online portal (www.ebike-connect.com) or the eBike Connect app, switch Nyon on and wait until the dashboard or the "Ride" screen appears. If you've already coupled your smartphone with Nyon, the connection should be established automatically.
You can connect your smartphone to your on-board computer using the eBike Connect app.
If you have not yet added a device, go to "Add new device" in the app's feed. Then follow the instructions on the app.
If your on-board computer and your smartphone have already been connected before, turn Bluetooth on in both devices. An connection is established automatically to the device most recently connected.
If you wish to connect a different bicycle computer to your smartphone, go to "My eBike > Add device". Then follow the instructions on the app.
Where can I see whether my on-board computer is connected to my smartphone?
The connection's status is displayed under "My eBike".
When a Bluetooth connection has been established, the connection is displayed on the main screen of your Nyon in the form of a white Bluetooth icon.
How can I transfer my settings to my on-board computer?
Where can I see what on-board computer is currently connected to my smartphone?
How can I change the connected on-board computer in the app?
How are individual, customised riding modes and user-defined ride screens synchronised?
Where can I switch on a WLAN on my Nyon?
How can I connect my Nyon to a WLAN?
Important: Certain technical reasons prevent Nyon from establishing any connection to what are termed hotspot WiFi networks to which access is free but require two-factor authentication via login and password.
Where can I see whether Nyon is connected to a WLAN?
Why is the date and time indications adjusted automatically?
Nyon error display
My Nyon shows the error display "531" and can no longer be used. In addition, my eBike no longer receives any engine support.
For this reason, please have your specialist eBike dealer update the drive unit to the latest version so that it is compatible with the latest versions of the Nyon and of the portal. You will then be able to use your eBike and Nyon as normal.
Where can I see what error codes mean what?
Why can't I connect my smartphone to my Bosch eBike on-board computer?
If your on-board computer has not yet been connected to your account, go to "Add new device". Ensure that the correct device has been selected. You'll find more bicycle computers by swiping to the right. Then follow the instructions on the app. Once you have selected the correct device, ensure that Bluetooth is activated on both devices. Then follow the instructions on the app.
If the app already knows your on-board computer, you must ensure that Bluetooth is activated. "My eBike" will display whether the problem lies with the connection status.
If your bicycle computer fails to connect to your smartphone, recharge your bicycle computer.
Bluetooth is not activated on your smartphone.
Nyon has not yet ever been connected with your smartphone. Please reselect Nyon in the Bluetooth settings and select where appropriate in the eBike Connect app "My eBike > Add device".
The operating system has been updated. Please reselect Nyon in the Bluetooth settings and select where appropriate in the eBike Connect app "My eBike > Add device".
My eBike trips are not shown in the online portal or in the app.
If an established connection has been confirmed, yet the data still won't transmit, check to determine whether a new software update is available for Nyon.
If no software update is available, go in the menu to "Settings > My Nyon > Reset to factory settings". Confirm the warning and reset your on-board computer. This is unfortunately necessary so that Nyon receives the necessary technical information during a new registration.
Please now carry out a new registration via Wi-Fi.